Sunday, March 29, 2009

Casey's Kickin' Chicken Chili

My hubby makes delicious white chili...I like to call it "Casey's Kickin' Chicken Chili." He actually doesn't follow a recipe and just does it all as he goes, but here's the recipe I came up with based on what he told me. I tried making it earlier this week for the first time without him, and it turned out great. Enjoy!

Casey's Kickin' Chicken Chili
-4 cooked & shredded chicken breasts
-4 cans white beans (Northern and/or Navy)
-2 cans chicken broth
-2 cans green chile peppers
-1 onion, chopped
-3 cloves crushed/minced garlic
-crushed red pepper (to taste)
-salt & pepper to taste

Sautee onion in oil.
Add garlic after onions have sauteed for a few minutes.
Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer at least 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the better!
Serve with shredded cheese & sour cream if desired.





No comments: