A couple of years ago, Casey & I decorated ornaments for our tree. He made one that said "A Very Floyd" Christmas. I love it and hang it on our tree every year. This year we had a very wonderful Floyd Christmas. On Christmas Eve, Casey and I finished up our homemade presents for our family...(more to come on that later). Then we headed over to Casey's parents house for dinner. It was absolutely delicious as usual and will be trying out some of my mother-in-law's new recipes soon. We got to hang out with our precious nephews, Andrew and Avery. They really are SO much fun! After dinner, we had dessert and hot chocolate that I made in the crock pot. It was quite yummy, if I do say so myself. I will post the recipe for that soon also. Then we exchanged gifts and spent time together. Here are some family pics.
April and Avery opening his See and Say from Fue Fue and Paw Paw
Casey and Andrew with Andrew's coupon book of fun. Casey spent lots of time making this sweet book for Andrew. It is full of fun things that we are going to do with Andrew next year. Some are places we are going to take him (the zoo, Tennessee aquarium, Coca-Cola museum, etc.) and others are for activities we can do at home or close to home (ice cream for breakfast at our house, make a homemade pizza...) We also included a coloring sheet to go with each coupon, so Andrew has to turn in the coupon and completed coloring sheet to redeem each one. I love how creative my hubby is! He came up with this on his own...I told him I think he should be the kindergarten teacher instead of me! :)
This is one of my favorite books, Gingerbread Baby. It's written by Jan Brett, a wonderful author & illustrator. Check out some of her work if you've never seen it, great stories and beautiful illustrations. Andrew's first coupon was to make Gingerbread men with us, so we gave him this book with gingerbread cookie mix that I made in a jar and a gingerbread cookie cutter. He's coming to spend the night next week and redeem this coupon and others. He already told me he wants to use the ice cream for breakfast coupon first. This has become a tradition at our house when he comes...one I'd probably never do with my own kids but that's what aunts and uncles are for, right?!
Sisters...April (my sister-in-law), me and Adrienne (our newest "adopted" sister :))
This is definitely my favorite Christmas Eve pic...Adrienne and Ms. Susan were making silly noises and bouncing around to get Avery to smile. He was loving it. We seriously have the cutest, sweetest nephews in the world! I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband and to be part of his wonderful family.
No comments:
Post a Comment