This year, Casey and I hosted Thanksgiving dinner at our house. My grandmother had been sick and in the hospital for over a month this summer/ early fall. She is doing very well now, but she tends to overdo it when it comes to cooking. We thought having Thanksgiving at her house might be a little much for her this year, and we love having people in our home. I was really pleased with the way it all turned out. Casey even said it was the best Thanksgiving meal he's ever had. :) Getting everything organized ahead of time was really helpful. My mom was here early in the week, and she did all my grocery shopping for me while I was at work on Tuesday so that I had get home to my sick hubby. That was a huge help. I gave her my grocery spreadsheet and all my coupons. I was able to get all the groceries for the big day plus some other stuff for the week for $35 thanks to the great deals and coupons. On Tuesday night, I made a schedule of what I was going to do at what time on Wed and Thurs to make sure all the food was done on time. Here are some pics of our family dinner. Casey is still getting over pneumonia, so I didn't make him suffer through any pictures this time.My mom thought it was so funny that I put all my serving dishes out with labels on Wednesday and insisted that I take a picture of it.
My 1st turkey...it was yummy! Thanks to my sweet father-in-law for teaching me how to cook a turkey over the phone!

Setting the table

Some of our yummy food. My grandmother made the dressing, green beans, and deviled eggs. I made the turkey, candied yams, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and crescent rolls.

For dessert, I made pumpkin pie, of course, and red velvet cake for Mom.
Our place cards...I wrote everyone's name on the front and a Bible verse about thanks on the back of each one.
My precious Grandmother and me
Mom, Grandmother, and me
Rob and Mom
1 comment:
how fun!!! I wish we could have Thanksgiving at our house...any holiday at our house would be nice. But no....we have to travel all the time. No no, I am not bitter... You did a great job.
Post a Comment